This is a small, online quiz to help you assess your learning of the language.
Fill up the appropriate articles (a/an/the) in the blanks.
Your answers should be filled up in the answer submission form on the right.
When you submit your answers, your score will be emailed at the ID filled up by you.
Example: I am going to buy __ soap.
Answer to be filled up in the box: a
Example: I am going to buy __ apple.
Answer to be filled up in the box: an
Example: I am going to __ grocery store.
Answer to be filled up in the box: the
1. __ son of a senior government official, Gandhi was born and raised in coastal Gujarat, and trained in law in London.
focused his attention on Indians while in South Africa and opposed __
idea that Indians should be treated at the same level as native Africans
while in South Africa.
3. Gandhi stayed out of active politics and, as such, the limelight for most of ___ 1920s.
4. Salt as __ household necessity was of special interest to women.
5. In __ summer of 1934, three attempts were made on Gandhi's life.
did not disagree with __ party's position but felt that if he resigned,
his popularity with Indians would cease to stifle the party's
membership, which actually varied, including communists, socialists,
trade unionists, students, religious conservatives, and those with
pro-business convictions, and that these various voices would get a
chance to make themselves heard.
7. Gandhism designates __ ideas and principles Gandhi promoted.
vision of a village-dominated economy was shunted aside during his
lifetime as rural romanticism, and his call for a national ethos of
personal austerity and nonviolence has proved antithetical to the goals
of __ aspiring economic and military power.
9. Mahatma Gandhi has been portrayed in film, literature, and in __ theatre.
may all be happy and grateful that destiny gifted us with such __
enlightened contemporary, a role model for the generations to come.